Subiect: During the archeological survey of the ear the excavations preparing the displacing of the Schitu Maicilor (built before the year 1726 and restored in 1896), discoveries were made which added new data to the information’s held about the monument. In 1896, the columns that separated the nave from the narthexes were replaced by two pilasters sustaining a trilobite arch; the old iconostasis was replaced by a new, bigger one which required the building of a new foundation: the level of the pavement was raised with 0,26 cm; the old frescoes were cleaned, remade, but it was only during the next restorations (1955-1958) that the frescoes were covered with plaster and repainted.
During the displacement of Olari Church, 32 inhumation graves were discovered beneath the altar, nave and narthex. The tombs belong to the XVIIth and XVIIIth centuries.
Vestiges of Paleolithic, Neolithic and bronze ages inhabitances were found during the archeological diggings around the Mihai Vodă Church, in the years 1953-1955, and also a settlement from the early bronze age (the Glina culture), and remains of settlements from the centuries IV, VI, IX-XII p. Chr.
The Mihai Vodă Church was built between 1589-1591 by Mihai Viteazul, before he become voivode of Walachia; from the originary complex (comprising monastic cells, the superior's house, a belfry, a refectory, a cook house, defensive walls with buttresses, link tunnels, cellars a.s.o.) only the church itself and the belfry were saved from demolition, by displacement, in the years 1985-1986. The rest of the constructions were demolished and the Mihai Vodă hill completely flattened al the level of the Dâmboviţa river.
During the survey of the earth excavations from under and church, several archeological complexes were discovered comprising five huts and two domestic hollows, dated from the Gaeto-Dacian period domestic (1st century b. Chr. – 1st half of the 1st century).