• Subiect: The Brâncovenesc hospital of Bucharest was inaugurated in 1838, and it functioned till 1984, when in was demolished at Nicolae Ceauşescu’s orders. Its building was located between the old Princely Court and the hill of the metropolitan Church; it was part of a vast historic and architectural complex that we owed to the Brâncoveanu family, of which only princess Bălaşa’s church still exists, along with two marble inscriptions from the hospital, carved in the times of Safta Brâncoveanu, in 1834, in the Cyrillic alphabet in use by the princely chancellery and the Christian Orthodox Church, in those days. The article presents each of the monuments founded in Bucharest by the Brâncoveanu family, including a description of the two beautiful marble plates now preserved at the Old Princely Court - part of the Museum of Bucharest.
  • Limba de redactare: română
  • Secţiunea: "Bucureşti la 550 de ani de la prima atestare scrisă cunoscută"
  • Titlu publicaţie: Bucureşti - Materiale de Istorie şi Muzeografie
  • Editura: Publicat de: Muzeul Municipiului Bucureşti
  • Loc publicare: Bucureşti
  • Anul publicaţiei: 2010
  • Referinţă bibliografică pentru nr. revistă: XXIV; anul 2010
  • Paginaţia: 18-32
  • Navigare în nr. revistă:  |<  <  4 / 33   >  >|